Government of Canada Privacy Notice
- The Library and Archives Canada website does not automatically gather any specific information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would only obtain this information if you supplied it by sending us an e-mail or by registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this department is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for your consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- Library and Archives Canada uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our website, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- Information on individual visitors is used by Library and Archives Canada employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government. Any further disclosure of the personal information you give us will be in accordance with the federal Privacy Act.
- In order to effectively operate its website, Library and Archives Canada occasionally uses service providers external to the department. Such service providers are bound by a contract with Library and Archives Canada to treat any personal information they receive in a manner consistent with the provisions of the Privacy Act.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act at Library and Archives Canada may be addressed to:
Library and Archives Canada
395 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N4
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
Use of "Cookies"
Library and Archives Canada occasionally uses "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine which sites have been visited previously. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify individuals. They are compiled into statistical information on traffic patterns and are used to assess site efficiency. The system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them, and the refusal of cookies will not affect the site performance or restrict your ability to access information from this site. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive by a website to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
Library and Archives Canada has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of digital reproductions on its website. However, if users wish to quote or interpret such materials, they should consult the original versions.
Some of the information on this website has been provided by external sources. Library and Archives Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information provided by these sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information.
Library and Archives Canada has no control over the availability of remote sites, and is not responsible for the information found on those sites. The inclusion of a link on this website does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by Library and Archives Canada.
Library and Archives Canada respects the Official Languages Act and relevant Treasury Board policies. All Library and Archives Canada information is available in both English and French. Users should be aware, however, that some information from external sources is available only in the language in which it was provided, and that original materials presented on the site, such as textual documents and audio and video items, remain in their language of origin. Archival descriptions and catalogue records are created only in the language of the item.
Copyright / Permission to Reproduce
The ability to reproduce material found on this site is governed by Canadian law (such as, for example, the Copyright Act), by policies and regulations of the Government of Canada and Library and Archives Canada, and by other agreements. In compliance with the above, Library and Archives Canada is making every reasonable effort to identify the information source and to ensure that it is accurately portrayed. In specific instances, Library and Archives Canada will notify readers that it will prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Every reasonable effort has been made to locate copyright owners. If you identify yourself as the copyright owner of material on this website and object to its continued availability online, please contact the Copyright Bureau of Library and Archives Canada at email@example.com.
Before reproducing material from the Library and Archives Canada website, please read important copyright information at www.collectionscanada.ca/notices/016-200-e.html.